March 21, 2009

Welcome to my Talky Place

In lieu of a Mission Statement I thought I would tell you, my Reader, a little about what you might expect to see here. I think it will probably mostly be stuff about music because I listen to a lot of music, but really you never know, I like to keep things spontaneous.

There is a funny story about the name of this website too. Recently Erin and I visited the Chicago Art Institute and we saw some paintings by the Romantic painter Eugène Delacroix who painted a lot of subjects that displayed an amusing amount of Western ignorance of "The Orient". Things like Arabs fighting Lions seemed to be an especially popular subject of his work and we could just imagine him being all "this is what Arabs do right?"

So that is why this blog is called Arabs vs Lions. I do not hate Arabs! (Or Lions!)

No comments:

Post a Comment